Are you trying to achieve a fitter body in a short period of time? Working out at the gyms in Singapore can help you achieve your goal! Whatever your goals are or what kind of special events you’re preparing for, there are five simple and effective tips to get fit at the gym in a month. Check them out:
- Do a solid warm out on the elliptical – When you’re at the gym, start by doing body stretching exercises first before you move on to the elliptical. Then, spend at least 10 minutes doing a solid warm out to pump up your heartbeat and get you started and ready for a more intense activity later. For faster results, do a quick ‘run’ on the elliptical instead of a slow ‘jog’ to burn calories.
- Less is more – Unless you’re competing professionally in a sports competition, it’s enough to only do a set of 10 or 20, which is sometimes referred to as the super set. Choose one workout from each four types of exercise (flexibility, balance, strength, and endurance) that you’d like to do, e.g. lifting weight for strength, yoga for flexibility, tai chi for balance, and dancing for endurance. Do any or a combination of these on a regular basis for about 30-40 minutes each day.
- Use fewer than 10 machines no more than 30 minutes – If you’re going to use a machine at the gym, try to limit yourself by using less than 10 machines in no more than 30 minutes to achieve your goals faster. If you’re just getting started, it’s recommended that you use machines instead of free weights, which have been specifically designed to keep its users in great form.
- Do 3 rotations – If you’re lifting, do a rotation between the legs, the core (mid-section), and the upper body. The 3 areas mentioned are the main areas of your body that need to be focused on if you want to have shapely muscles, in addition to building strength.
- Drink more water and eat more fresh fruits and veggies – Some of the quickest ways to get a healthier and fitter body are to drink more water and eat more fresh fruits and veggies, so incorporate them in your diet on a daily basis.
Do a proper research to find the right gyms in Singapore that cater to your needs and goals. Visit the gyms and see if they have great facilities and other services that would help you achieve your fitness goals in no time. Make a list of your wants and needs and ask them questions like gym membership.