This recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare, and 20 minutes to cook, for a total of 25 minutes.
48 fl oz Tiger beer
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill on medium-high heat.
- When the grill is hot, lightly oil the grate.
- Combine the beer and onions in a large saucepan or pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add the bratwurst to the pot. Add the red pepper flakes, salt, garlic, and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the bratwursts from the pot. Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking the onion.
- Cook the bratwursts on the grill, turning once, for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with the onions as a topping.
Herb and Wine Mushrooms
This recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook, for a total of 25 minutes.
1 1/2 pounds’ fresh mushrooms
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place the mushrooms in the skillet, add Italian seasoning, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Mix in the wine and garlic. Continue cooking until most of the wine evaporates.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chives, then cook for 1 more minute.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 ounces’ soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons minced onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/8 cup bourbon
- Place the chicken breasts in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, ginger, sugar, onion flakes, garlic powder, and bourbon. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover the dish and place in the refrigerator. Marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- Remove cover from dish, and bake for 1.5 hours, basting frequently. When the chicken is done, it should appear well-browned and the juices should run clear.
Caribbean Rum Punch
1 cup lime juice
4 cups orange juice
2 cups simple syrup
3 cups amber rum
Freshly grated nutmeg
- In a pitcher, combine the lime juice, simple syrup, rum and orange juice.
- Add a few dashes of bitters and grated nutmeg to taste.
- Serve chilled over ice.