In Singapore and other societies, a backyard wedding is usually a more intimate occasion. The seemingly simple, though beautiful and precious things in life, determine how your day will end. It also determines the thrilling fun you’ll both enjoy together with your lover. So creating a window to think about your taste, your budget, and how your home’s backyard ambiance setting is going to be is important. And just because you’re planning on tying the knot with your partner in your own backyard doesn’t mean your wedding will be easy. Many vital details are involved in between, which you can likely lose track on if not careful. To help you make your backyard wedding perfect and memorable, this handy guide conveys all the top backyard essentials couples should consider.
- Choose a Suitable Backyard Location Before anything else, take a thorough look at your backyard to confirm if the site chosen is ideal for a decent wedding. For example, the space around should accommodate every guest you’ve invited. If you think the area is small for everybody to fit, ask your neighbors or friends to lend you their garden. You can also rent a private estate anytime in case other options don’t work. The space should also have ample parking where guests can park vehicles. If you’re in a residential area, make sure you check with your town hall first to acquaint yourself with parking rules. In some cases, you may also need to have a permit.
- Do Something about Noise Ordinances If you opt to have a DJ or band around, think of the potential noise disturbances your event can create. Check the mandate of your local noise ordinances to know the particular time in which your DJ or band usually plays. At least this will allow you to avoid any embarrassments, like having any uninvited guest appearances from the police. If disturbing your neighbors is a big issue, opt for a DJ as bands relay a lot of noise.
- Cover your Event Call your home insurance provider and ask them if there’s a viable policy available that can cover for your backyard occasion. The rate is very affordable, which means you’d be able to protect yourself from any liability reported by guests.
- Talk to Your Neighbors about Your Arrangements About a month prior the wedding, let your neighbors know about your arrangements for the wedding. Tell them about the potential noise and disturbances they will most likely experience that day. Also tell them to turn off any machine, which causes loud noises so that nothing can disrupt you when exchanging your vows. This way, you should expect all wedding plans to go smoothly.
- Rent Adequate Furniture If you’re planning to have a big wedding, renting sufficient chairs and tables to use is a top priority. Other items you may also want to include in your list are enough cutleries and a tent. Meet with different vendors to figure out the whole logistics and how each material should reach your property. Sometimes, borrowing stuff from family and friends is also a viable option.
- Do Something about Toilets Having adequate toilets around in every occasion is crucial. Nothing spoils a charming event more than having insufficient toilets around. Depending on the number of guests you expect to come, choose the most viable means each can use in times of emergencies. Whether that’s having them use the toilets in your home, creating new ones around, or renting portable loos—it’s totally up to you.
- Hire a Caterer to Attend Meals Because caterers are known to be food specialists, it’s important to hire some that day to prepare delectable dishes for everyone. Thus, it’s important to alarm them on the number of guests that will come and the kind of appliances they will use to prep meals.
- Decide where Guests Should Throw Away Trash The amount of trash left lying around on many occasions is usually huge—beer cans, cigarette butts, and soda cans to mention a few. Rent a small dumpster or ask people to place trash in specific areas within the property for easy collection. Also hire a clean-up crew to tidy up the place after the event. Ask them to place all the chairs and other rental materials in a convenient place so that the rental company can easily pick their stuff.
- Have a Point Person for the Day Hire someone you trust and make him or her in charge of all the activities going on in the event. Or you can even hire a wedding coordinator to take care of any issue and make sure the wedding is operating smoothly. Because all photos shot are expected to be epic, maybe this person would recommend you the best outdoor wedding photography in Singapore to hire.
At-home backyard weddings draw a pleasant setting for a warm, intimate, and special occasion for newlyweds. Many couples wish to tie the knot in their home’s backyard, but lack the know-how and thus fail to pay attention to important details. You’ll have to substantiate the backyard setting, materials to be used, arranged budget and so on. Each element is essential and, if something is missing, it can likely cause inconveniences. Following the wedding backyard essentials shared in this guide can make your big day such a pleasant affair. Sure, you can also use some friends and professionals to help you with brilliant ideas on how to get around–careful planning is key!