In the global arena brimming with cutting-edge technology, information and data gathering is easy-peasy. However, after collating solid and valuable data and losing them is disastrous, to say the least. Data loss is not a simple event but a catastrophic one especially for website owners doing business on the web. While data may be lost, temporarily, data recovery in Singapore is possible with the help of tech wizards in the IT industry.
The lesson here is not to be complacent or otherwise, you are bound to risk it all. Data loss may be hardware or technical related but inexcusable when data loss is due to negligence. You must take heed and prevent data loss by following these simple rules:
- Backup your data is the golden rule
Simply stated, you save copies of the original data in another hard disk as and when they are gathered. It is not advisable to save data in lumps or only when the data size is large. Every bit of information is important so you save them real-time.
- Protect your data from being deleted or your computer from crashing altogether
Attacks of viruses, malware, and Trojans can be thwarted by installing anti-virus software and updating them frequently.
- Power surges and power outages cause data loss
Hook up your hardware to an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) to contain power surge or save documents when power shutdown happens.
- Secure your hardware by positioning them in secluded places away from sun exposure, rain or humidity to prevent corrosion
Be sure your hardware is also in a well-ventilated location.
- Avoid modifying your operating systems with unknown software that may be detrimental to your system’s performance
Seek prior permission from an IT expert to be sure. You cannot afford to experiment with your system.
- Another safe practice is to restrict network access only to authorized or qualified users
This way, theft and modification can be prevented too.
- Perform disk defragmentation regularly
This disk maintenance procedure cleans up and organizes temporary and unused files. Nothing beats a hard disk in tip-top form.
- Watch out for red flags in your hardware
Your data files are in danger when you begin to hear creaking noises inside your hard disk. Your system starts getting ratty too. These are tell-tale signs of hardware failure.
While it is comforting that data recovery is probable, why go through the hassle and inconvenience of risking data loss? With the list of things you can do, act wisely and save your data.