You are comfortable and probably have some left-overs you are thinking of eating, but all of a sudden a friend or two wants to come over. You could opt to give them leftovers, but that probably will not look good. Thankfully, you are in Singapore and whipping up a quick meal using something like white rice is not too hard. The following is one recipe that is healthy and quick.
Why is This Meal Healthy?
One of the best things about living in the Little Red Dot is that finding seafood in Singapore is very simple. You want to stick with leaner fish if you want to whip up something really quick. For example, sautéing thinly cut salmon chunks only takes around 12 minutes. Salmon is a great ingredient to put in your rice dish because it contains omega-3s. This is an active ingredient that helps revitalize blood circulation and mental focus to name a few things.
You may also need to buy vegetables online in Singapore just to be a little healthier with your meals. Though–at this moment–it would probably benefit you if you had already purchased your vegetables. There are several vegetables that would go great with the rice and salmon medley dish. Some of the vegetables that would work with this dish are sweet chili peppers, garlic, onions, and you could add some ginger.
Chili peppers are great because they cook quickly and are filled with vitamin C, which should help keep you healthy and increase collagen. Collagen helps your skin, gums, and tendons just to name a few things. The other ingredients are healthy in different ways, but the point of all these ingredients is that they should make your dish taste good.
Be sure to consider a few Singapore condiments to add a kick to your dish.
You will need the following ingredients to make the dish:
- 2 cups of rice, fully cooked.
- 1 chopped garlic
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3 chopped sweet chili pepper
- 1/2 a cup of diced salmon into cubes (this does not have to be perfect)
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- Olive oil
- 1/4 of a cup of chopped onions
- About 1/2 a tablespoon of thinly cut ginger
Follow the steps below to make your dish:
1. Heat up olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, onions, sweet bell pepper, and ginger. Let the ingredients brown ever so slightly.
2. Add the the salmon at this point, making sure you mix the ingredients well. Add the raw honey, and cover the pan. Let this cook for just 12 minutes or less if you see the salmon turn slightly pale pink.
3. Add salt to taste, and turn off the heat.
4. Heat up your rice separately, and place enough rice on a plate for each person. Top the rice with salmon mixture and enjoy. You can serve the meal with your favorite condiment if you want.
There you go, that is how simple you can make a quick dish in Singapore that is still healthy.