Tired of being the one guy in the group who doesn’t have someone to get cozy with this Valentine’s Day? This coming Day of Hearts, it’s time to change that. Often, men don’t realize the little things they do that could be contributing to the struggle of finding true love. Among the biggest mistakes men make that turn women off is failing to take care of their skin. The way your skin looks will say a lot about your grooming habits. Because women like guys who take care of themselves, it’s important to put your best foot forward in terms of skincare to catch and keep a woman’s attention. Wondering what you can do to make your skin glow this season of love? Turn heads on V-Day and find a special someone for keeps, by checking out this short list.
1. Wash Thoroughly – This first step to any skincare routine is the one that men often overlook. A clean face should be the main goal of your skincare regimen, because it will determine how well your skin will absorb the rest of the products on the list. Be sure to wash thoroughly with a neutral, scentless, organic product. Avoid aggressive men’s facial wash formulations that have strong scents, as well as chemical-based formulations that could further damage and dry out your skin.
2. Slather on Moisturizer – Take a close look at your skin in the mirror and it will be easy to see how large areas of your face look flaky and dry. Because men’s skin is prone to drying out, it’s important to keep it moisturized by slathering on the right hydrating products. Use skin moisturizer for men in Singapore and apply it generously across your face. Be sure to add extra product along the creases of the nose, the chin, and the cheeks, which are often more prone to dryness.
3. Stay Hydrated – What many guys don’t seem to realize is that drinking water does a lot more for the skin than it’s given credit for. Having a bottle of cold water with you at all times will make it much easier for you to stay aptly hydrated throughout the day, which in turn helps to reduce toxin build-up, and thus improves the appearance of skin all over.
4. Use a Pore Strip – A man’s nose region is most prone to developing whiteheads and blackheads, which can give an unsightly appearance to the skin over the nose. Use a pore strip regularly to get rid of blemishes and deep-seated dirt. Be sure to remove the strip slowly to prevent damage to the skin and to maximize the removal of white and blackheads.
5. Leverage Night Time Skincare – When we go to sleep, our bodies work double time to make sure every damaged cell is repaired or replaced. That’s why we tend to look a little cleaner, fresher, and clearer in the morning after a good night’s sleep. To help make the most of the repair process, use night time skincare products like under eye cream, nourishing skin serum, and a night time facial mask, to be soaked by the skin and used for the purpose of repair and rejuvenation.
You don’t need to splurge on flowers and chocolates to get a girl’s attention. This Valentine’s Day, invest in your look and catch their interest with nothing more than your clear, clean, and pristine skin. Follow these 5 tips and give yourself a natural glow guaranteed to wow any girl on the Heart’s Day.